Sunday, September 07, 2008

Why Your Girlfriends Love Me

It's not because I'm just "one of the girls." Let's get that straight right off. Well, not too straight.
No, gay men do not pick up on your girlfriends -- better than you did the first time -- because they are in touch with their feminine side. Which not all of us are, believe me. Some of the
guys who expect to get laid out there need to get in touch with their inner 'dainty' before they plan on being touched by another guy. I'm talking Peter Jackson looking boys.

There are probably many reasons you suck at being a boyfriend, but let's nail down three reasons why she loves us more than you for the benefit of your girlfriend, you, and (yes) for me, too.


We love chick flicks
Why don't you see the opportunity? Instead of calling you when she wants to watch The Notebook, she calls me. When she wants to watch Pretty Woman, she calls me. When she's really wanting to get emotional and in touch with her feelings, the sad thing is, you don't realize what an opportunity it is for you to get a piece. So she and I pop some popcorn and talk about you all night.
We dance.
Girls love to dance. They'd rather be dancing with you. But instead of dancing, you do the white boy bobble and wait for her to back it up on you. Have you ever tried 'backing it up' on someone? Not a great dance experience if that's all you can do because your boyfriend is a double lefty.

This is why girls end up dancing in a circle with one another. But even girls don't always want to dance with other girls. If you're not dancing with her, she's going to be looking at the other boys in the room. Even if the boy is gay, at least she can avoid looking too lesbo by two-stepping with the nearest queer. I don't blame her. I wouldn't want to be trapped in one of those estrogen circles dancing up front with the DJ all night either. For more than one reason.

We aren't competition
For everything a girl loves about her friends, there are three more things she's jealous of. The good news about your girlfriend hanging out with me is that she won't be having any kind of sex with me. I promise.

The bad news for you is that when you want to hang out with her, she's backing it up on me out on the dance floor. But sadly, the bad news for me is that she's backing it up on me out on the dance floor.

No comments: